Quilts

Monday, November 19, 2012

It has been a long time since I last blogged.  I worked all of October on my Jacob's Ladder quilt and had it finished (almost) the day before I had to have the entry in the mail.  I ran out of hot fix crystals and they were only available to me on line, so I just photographed the quilt and sent it.  It did not make the cut at New Quilts for an old favorite.  DARN  But the competition is really stiff, and not having it completely done might have been part of it.  Oh well.  I ordered some more hot fix crystals, but by the time I got them jurying had been done and I knew I wasn't one of the finalists, so I just put it away for awhile.  I was so sick of it.  I need to put the rest of the crystals on and see if I can get it into some shows.  I really do like it.

When I was in Paducah last April I bought some turkey fabric to make a table topper for Thanksgiving.  I had also bought a book on making easy New York Beauty blocks and I wanted to try it out.  I bought two shades of brown and pieced it fairly quickly.  I wanted to add a pop of color so I put some prairie points on the inside valleys of the NYB blocks and I really like it.  What do you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment